Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Why Snow Sucks...

Living in Ohio means that you either get extremely mild weather or extremely sucky weather.

This week, we're experiencing the extremely sucky stuff.

Yesterday, it snowed and snowed and snowed. Last evening, the icey rain began and by this morning, there was about an inch of ice on my car. The ice turned back to snow as I chipped out. And it's still snowing and snowing and snowing.

My company apparently decided to delay our starting time (from 8 a.m. til 10 a.m.), but since the only station we report to didn't display the delay before 6:30 a.m., lots of our employees were already on the road by then. I missed the annoucement and came on in.

Now we're stuck here. In my opinion, we shouldn't even be open today. The University of Cincinnati closed today and they NEVER close!

The cafeteria is closed for today, so anyone who does manage to make it here, thinking they're going to get to eat lunch at some point, is going to be unhappy...there is no way anyone could go out for lunch today - most of the restaurants are closed.

So, I'm kind of p*ssed off. I have no idea how I'm going to get home, no idea why we are here, no idea.

Yes, I'm blessed to have a job...thank goodness for my job. I love my job. But this is just plain old dangerous...

No comments: