Friday, March 26, 2010

Randomness

Some random things, since I'm feeling random today...
  • This is our Last Official Friday Night in Columbus With Steinvic as a Resident. We'll be filling the U-haul with the big stuff tomorrow and moving it here. (WOW! This is exciting! And I can't wait...)
  • Real Housewives of NYC was something last night. If you missed it, go to http://www.bravotv.com/ and get caught up.
  • I had tofu and noodles for lunch for the first time in two weeks. When you eat health food pretty much non-stop and then eat tofu (fried) and noodles (carbs!) your body says, "What the ...???" Plus, I am on my second diet soda today and I have a major caffeine buzz. No, I don't have any idea what I'm doing. Ziiiiiiing!
  • As you know, I've found all kinds of things I don't remember or didn't know I had. This week, I was going through boxes and found a small pack of notecards with cats on them. I thought, "This looks like something my Grandma would have given me," and I opened the little folder they were in and there was a small folded envelope tucked into one side. It read, "For some night when you're too tired to cook. Love, Mrs. Claus," and it was in my Grandma's handwriting. Inside the envelope was $30. I felt myself starting to get teary, but then giggled right along with the tears. It was like she was there with me, going through those spooky boxes. I'm going to use it to buy something to keep with me always, like a sterling ring or something. Finding a gift from her when I've been wanting to talk with her was just amazing...
  • I also found urns with my childhood dogs ashes in them in one of those boxes. (Yes, I realize this item isn't random, since it's directly linked to the moving and the item just before. Hey - it's my random list...I can be as non-random - unrandom? - as I want!) I need to talk to my sister to see what she wants to do with them. Bury the urns? Open them and "free" them into the brush at our Mom's house?
  • It's payday.
  • Oh! It snowed and got very icy overnight! And now it's like it never happened. Winter's last hurrah...

That's all I got for now. It's been too long since I've posted and my last one was kind of cranky, so it was time...

Happy Friday!

No comments: