Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November Already...

What...did you think I'd disappeared? Eaten by a Halloween goblin? Of course not...Here I am!

Our anniversary was perfect. Steinvic and I both had to work, but we managed to have a nice date that night and a fantastic weekend.



There is a small, independent Italian restaurant not so far from us and we'd wanted to try it for some time. This was the right occasion...our first dinner together was at a great place in Las Vegas, and our wedding day celebration was at a fabulous restaurant in Columbus. So...keeping with tradition, we ventured out. We went to our local pub after and just enjoyed a night out together.


For our first anniversary, Steinvic gave me dishes. Don't cock your head at how practial that might seem. It's not...it's romantic. This means something to me. I've been on this planet for forty years and I've never had a full set of matching dishes. And not just a few dishes...eight place settings. Dinner plates, salad plates, bowls and mugs. All matching. Not chipped. Artsy and earthy at the same time. I love them and they were the exactly right thing...we'll enjoy tons of family dinners on them. And it was liberating to pack all our old, mix-and-match dishes up and take them to Goodwill.



I framed a favorite wedding photo for Steinvic. And bought him and his son tickets to an upcoming concert I knew they'd enjoy. Because there is nothing my husband loves more in this world than spending time with his boy...easy decision and I know they're going to have a great time!



The next day, we were off work! Young Man and Girlfriend came to stay with us for the weekend. Steinvic reserved hotel rooms for us downtown, so we went to Rockbottom for dinner, Mt. Adams to drink and take in the Cincinnati skyline and then stayed comfortably downtown. Totally fun night and such a treat to make the kids part of our marriage celebration.



Busy week after that, and then another day off...but not such a fun day for Houdini. He got neutered on Friday. Fully recovered, though. Miraculously. Like it never happened, except he isn't trying to mate with us 24/7. AND, we had some electrical work done...much needed to say the least. I'll post photos soon...computer is running out of juice, though.



And this Monday? Halloween. And Houdini wore this costume...fitting, don't you think?




So, that is the scoop! Highlights of the last few weeks. More soon, I promise...once I get this thing charged. (The charger died. I'm sharing chargers with Steinvic and he isn't here at the moment...)

Until then...

No comments: