Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rainy Saturdays

Usually, on a cold rainy Saturday morning, I'd be sitting in my spot on the couch, still wearing pajamas at noon, watching something good on TV and sewing something fabulous.

But today, I was up and showered and dressed by 10:00, and making homemade salsa. Young Man is making "potato tacos" tonight and so I did the salsa, a special slaw topping for the tacos, and a black bean/corn dish as a side.

And I made everyone breakfast and all the dishes are done. I've balanced the checkbook. Not bad for 1:00 on a lazy Saturday...

When I got home yesterday, I worked on the patio some more, putting down two more bags of mulch, filling in the big hole from the fence post stump my step dad  took out for us this week (man, that post was deep!), planting some flowers and trying to come up with a suitable stand for the super neat fountain Steinvic brought home for us Thursday night. 

It's too icky out right now for patio pictures, but once it's sunny again, I'll post some here. It's been a while since we've had a photo post, huh?

Enough for now...I'm going to go see what else I can get into! Happy Saturday...

No comments: