Thursday, May 27, 2010

Finally!

Here I am...I swear, I didn't mean to be gone that long.

Steinvic and I have been on a business trip. It was a conference for a work association we belong to. (If I haven't mentioned it before, we're both on the board and it's the group that was responsible for us meeting!)

So, we were traveling and I didn't have Internet access. Before that we were getting ready to travel and I barely had five minutes to do a darn thing! But you know what? It was all worth it. We're exhausted and spent, but the conference we put on for 16 of our colleagues was super awesome and fun.

Tonight, he is in Columbus for work, and I'm washing all our stuff from one trip in preparation for our next trip, which begins Saturday.

We are driving to Florida for a WHOLE WEEK of vacation in a darling condo right on the beach. We had the pleasure of going to the same place about 4 years ago and it was amazingly relaxing. This time, we are taking his son with us, (and his son's pal) and that makes this our first official family vacation.

I couldn't be more thrilled...I think it's going to be fantastically fun.

So, Vegas yesterday, Ohio today and tomorrow and Florida by Sunday. I feel so lucky to get to do all of these things!

If I'm honest though...I'm so tired right now, I just walked over to the phone in the kitchen to call my Grandma. (If you're new here, she passed away almost a year ago.) What a conversation that would have been, huh?! I have had the impulse to call her plenty of times, since we used to talk every night, but it's been months since I've actually walked to the phone with conviction, ready for a catch up. So, I know I'm wiped out. But, instead of crying about it (which is what I usually feel like doing), it made me smile. I've poured a glass of wine (didn't even remember that any was here!) and I'm catching up with you instead.

But anyway... I promise to post here more this week! It shouldn't be as big of a challenge...we plan on having a lot of time to do whatever we like. And we'll be doing it together.

I've missed you! And I'm back...

No comments: