Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Moving On!

So, enough whining. A new day puts great perspective on everything, right? And buying a new dress for a friend's wedding in a few weeks, and getting it for a whopping $51 and free shipping doesn't hurt, either, does it? New day, new dress, new outlook. Huzzah!

Have you been keeping up with the Casey Anthony trial? You know I've been waiting for this for almost three years. I follow a few cases religiously...can't help it. The West Memphis Three tragedy is one I have followed nearly half my life! The Ryan Widmer case. Missing Kyron Horman...almost a whole year now. And the Anthony case.

I am so glad that it is finally being tried. I'm not one of these blood-lusting people who are looking for a death sentence for Casey. I am one who prefers that someone who is guilty serves a life sentence behind bars, no parole. That is a far greater punishment than death.

For someone like Casey, who prided herself on her looks, promiscuity, attention from men, shopping, dancing, partying...being in the clink is like torture.

I do think she killed her daughter and I always have. I never believed in the Zanny the Nanny person she made up...it doesn't make any sense. I don't think that George Anthony sexually abused Casey at all.

What I think is...Casey is a mixed-up girl who was extremely, painfully jealous of her daughter. Everyone loves Caylee. Especially Cindy and George.

Whatever the big blow up the night before Caylee disappeared made Casey snap. I am so sure of it. I think she'd entertained thoughts of what life without Caylee would be like, but felt guilty about it. Not killing her, but maybe leaving her with Cindy and George. But then she'd feel guilty, and then she'd think about how it would look, and how much Cindy would enjoy being with Caylee all the time, and that made Casey even more jealous. And also...how would Casey explain it to anyone? I mean, what kind of mother gives up her child to her parents, right? So that she could go party and do whatever?

(I think a smart, young mother might do that if she did not feel equipped to handle the responsibility. I think someone who knows her limitations and abilities might make that very sound decision for the benefit of the child.)

I imagine that Casey flipped out after that arguement and killed Caylee. I can't say exactly how it happened...accidental overdose of chloroform, as has been speculated about? Intentional overdose of it? Angry rage? I don't know. But I do know that she did it, it was quick, and she went about her business of romancing her latest boyfriend. And from the photos that followed over the next month, Casey never looked back.

If Caylee was not with a sitter all the time when Casey was out and about all day and night - and we know she was not and that no sitter existed - who was she with? And, if Casey wasn't at work all day every day - and we know she was not, because she didn't have a job - then what was she doing away from the house each day when she was pretending to work?

I don't know how many of the questions we'll get answered during the course of this trial, but I do believe that the jury will find Casey guilty of murder...

No comments: