Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We're Home!

Whew...we're back! What a long and wonderful and eventful vacation! Let me break it down for you...

Tuesday the 2oth was the first of our two U2 shows. We met up with Steinvic's brother (who was in town on business) and all went over to the Westgate Center together for some pre-show drinks and snacks. His brother didn't have seats with us, so we split up and got our seats. If you like the Black Eyed Peas, you'd be so very happy...I am not a fan but they were HOT. Lots of energy, and you could tell they were totally enjoying being on U2's big ol' fancy stage.

Fast forward to a third into the show...I was completely into "Beautiful Day." That song is my devotional...read the words. I listen to it every morning when I get into the car, before anything else. It means so much to me...lifts my heart. So, all of the sudden, at the end of the song, Steinvic takes my hand. My LEFT hand.

"It's a beautiful day...I don't want you to get away..." he begins, playing off the lyrics. The look on his face...locked in my mind forever. "Will you marry me?" he asked, beginning to put the most wonderful ring on my finger.

"YES!!!! Yes, I will! Will you marry me????" I don't even know why I said that! I think I must have just been so excited and wanted him to know how much I wanted this. But he didn't hear me anyway, because he was hugging and kissing me. We were so happy.

It didn't take too long for the people behind us to figure out what was going on and pat us on the back, give the thumbs up...I showed them my ring and exclaimed, "We're engaged!!" and the joy just flowed. I will never, ever forget that moment as long as I live.

People keep asking me about that concert and I can't tell anyone anything about it after The Ring. I kept thinking about how lucky I am, how wonderful it is to have Real Love, to be able to celebrate it and talk about it and the future without hesitation... I don't remember the concert. Just calling a few of our precious people, like my Mom and Step Dad, and our friend Em, and looking through that open venue to the skies and thinking how my Grandma got to see the whole thing...how happy she must be. Blessed. I am blessed.

We met with Seinvic's brother after and the traffic was dense, so we stopped for celebratory drinks. Thanks to the lovely bartender at Shout Out's for the round of Jaeger Bombs...that was so kind.

Then home...and that is all for part one...

No comments: