Sunday, February 28, 2010

Solitary Sunday

Yesterday, I put my boys on a plane to Arizona.

They're going on a Winter Holiday to soak up the sun, see the Reds play, visit with our family and play a little golf.

I headed back to Cincinnati, stopping for groceries and getting settled into a Saturday night on my own. I haven't had one of those in years! And guess what? I didn't like it!

Don't get me wrong - I can be alone. I am alone most every night!

Still, as foreign as it felt, I had a couple beers, made a single serving pizza, did laundry and watched a bunch of crap on TV that I know Steinvic would have only tolerated (with a smile, because he is so good).

I was in bed by 11, asleep by midnight and slept until 9:30 this morning. Wow...straight through, all by myself. This never happens!

I got up, made a two waffle multigrain thingy for breakfast, worked on laundry and making closet space for Steinvic, just made a rockin' stir fry type meal for lunch and now, I'm headed upstairs to get cleaned up. I'm going to the visitation for my friend's son...I know it will be tough but it is the right thing to do.

No comments: