Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It's St. Patrick's Day...It was supposed to be raining and icky, but so far, it's a nice, springy day.

We're going to have a big brunch, then take Houdini up to our local for a little bit. I made him an Irish harness (very cute!) and he hasn't been up to our local for a while, so it's time.

It's been a busy week. We've been getting back into the swing of things, and getting over the airplane funk. And you won't believe this...some piece of crap stole our checking account information while we were on vacation. We think that either a waitress at the one restaurant we used our checkcard may be the culprit or that someone was able to "hack" into my iPod Touch (which I've used like a miniature computer) and got the account information that way. This Monday, I logged onto our account to balance our checkbook, and there were a ton of pending transactions, all fraudulent. So, it's been a week of chasing that stuff down, closing old cards, opening new ones.

We also are planning out our backyard space. It's tiny, but I think that in the end, it will be neat. I'm excited and so looking forward to planting flowers for the first time! And tomatoes. All in pots, of course, because Houdini will likely try to help out by "watering."

And we've been hard at work, finalizing the details for our annual confrence, which is in Dallas this year. I've been there once before, but it was for work and every second was planned out. This time will be a little different and I can't wait!

I've lost 16 pounds on my experiment and I'm thrilled. I think I'm going to shoot for 30 more, though the few people who know I'm doing this give me the side eye if I say that out loud. Still, I know how much I weigh and I think if I get down thirty more, I'll feel better and look better. We'll see how I feel in 10 more and twenty and go from there.

I know I haven't been writing here much lately. Please don't take it personally. I'm not logging on to this site when I'm at work, and my evenings have been pretty busy. But I can do better.

In the meantime, grab the person you love, give them a giant kiss, wish them a Happy St. Patrick's Day and go do something fun! Slainte!

No comments: