Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This is Perfect

We are here! I'm sitting here on our second real day at the beach, wearing my swim suits and coordinating shorts and hat (because that is how I roll) waiting for Steinvic & Son to wake up...

So far, all has been perfect! We arrived on Sunday afternoon, checked in and unloaded the car.

And, we walked down to the beach...it was still there, majestic and constant, and it missed me...I could tell.

We drove up to Alvin's Island to buy Young Man swim trunks and flip flops (oops - forgot) and a hat for me (oops - forgot) and then to the grocery store for supplies and to the booze store for even more supplies. Really, for a tourist trap, it wasn't too bad - hat, flip flops, trunks, water ball, three coozies and a free beach bag - $50.

As a reward for all our hard work, we went to McQuire's - a place that quickly became one of Steinvic's and my favorite spots when we were here years ago. It was as fun and good and interesting as the last time we were there, and of course, it's fun to show Young Man all the things we liked so much.

Yesterday, we woke, scarfed breakfast and hit the beach. Then the pool. Then out for a bit and lots of laziness, basketball, and chilling in between.

And now, I'm ready to do it all again. (If the boys ever wake up!)

Photos soon...just haven't taken as many pics as I thought I would! But the week is still young...

No comments: