Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday!

There is something about a week of very early morning waking that makes me long for Saturday. Getting up every day this week at 5:30 a.m. (or earlier, thanks to snow, ice, and traffic from snow and ice) really has me ready for a cozy sleep in: waking up on my own time (instead of by beep), hanging around the house with Steinvic in my comfy pants and soft socks and tee-shirt, cooking a giant, leisurely brunch for us and watching a little tv before starting our day.

No, wait...I'm scheduled for work tomorrow. WTF?

Yes, I'll be in here at 8:00 a.m., along with all the others who have to work tomorrow. I'm lucky, though...this year, I only have seven Saturdays to work. It used to be nine. I know, poor me - when I was in retail management for all those years, I worked a 6-7 day workweek more often than not.

Let's face it...I'm spoiled! And now that I have someone I want to spend all my free time with, I really don't like giving my Saturday mornings up.

So, the roads are clear enough that Steinvic will have no trouble getting here tonight, which is great. And, while it was below zero yesterday, we're supposed to reach fifty degrees tomorrow! It's crazy.

We don't have anything planned for certain, but this is going on up in Dayton and I'd really like to go. Tickets benefit Justin King, a young man with Cystic Fibrosis, who loves the Beatles and Salvador Dali, two of my favorite things. I think Steinvic would dig seeing some Dali in person, too - I've been to the Dali Museum in Saint Petersburg twice, but Steinvic hasn't ever been...

Or maybe to a movie...or maybe just for a walk, because I miss the sun so much!

Anyway, thawing out here, and looking forward to noon tomorrow, when my real weekend can begin!

No comments: