Thursday, February 26, 2009

Helping Laith

I know that I don't have a huge readership here, but if even one soul stumbles across this post and donates, I will feel I've done my part.

Laith is just a little guy in need of a heart transplant NOW. Because of complications with insurance (and, if you ask me, a general 'not my problem' attitude that is sometimes present in the medical community), Laith's Mom and Dad must front $1.5 million before the hospital will save this child's life. He can't even get on the transplant list yet.

My hope is that with the press these folks are getting, a good doctor will come forward and offer her or his talents for free. But until that happens, would you consider sending Laith a little money to help with the cost of his heart transplant?

I know times are tough financially for everyone, but I can't imagine how tough times are for this family right now.

I can't imagine what it would be like to fullfill the dream of parenthood, only to watch it slip away...or what it would be like to be a mother or father and not be able to do the one thing that would help your child survive.

So, that's it. Even if it's $5, I think it's a worthwhile investment, don't you? Thanks for listening...

No comments: