Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Buy No Line on the Horizon (aka Another endorsement for which I will not be compensated)

If you like U2, have a few extra dollars, are jonesing for some new tunes and want to buy a CD where there are no "fast forward through" songs, buy U2 - No Line on the Horizon.

What an excellent collection of music! I have to admit, while I already liked the single, "Get on Your Boots," I was not prepared for the other songs on the album. I had to listen to it several times to start to appreciate it. It has hooks, but not like those on How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

These are deeper. Embedded. Little bits of lyrics have come creeping into my brain when it's vacant...

So, get out there and buy your copy. You'll be glad you did. Because when U2 tours the US this fall, you'll have the songs all memorized and you'll be able to sing along with Bono. Like I will. While my boyfriend pretends not to know me.

No comments: