Monday, March 2, 2009

With the Mate to Your Favorite Sock...

Happy Monday...

Yes, I survived the rest of the weekend without Steinvic. His son and I went to the family party on Saturday night, after dropping Steinvic at the airport. We stayed at Steinvic's Mom's and I took him to lunch and out for some provisions, then dropped him off at Steinvic's. I packed my car and headed home.

I was listening to my beloved Zune, which gets the entire passenger seat to lounge on while entertaining me. I have it hooked up to a transmitter, so my car is full of music and it makes the commute much more pleasant. (Steinvic gave this to me for my birthday last year and I use it every single day. Love it!)

Suddenly, it stopped playing. I glanced at it and sure enough, dead battery. Since I was on the highway at this point, I didn't fool with the charger or anything. I just pressed a button on the stereo so I could listen to a CD and left my Zune sit there on the seat.

I started feeling really bad as I was driving. Just...kind of icky and really tired. When I got home, I didn't even unload the car...just stopped to get the mail, locked up the car and headed inside to lie down. Which I did and fell asleep for a few hours.

When I woke up, I drove to Meijer for some groceries (I know, two grocery stores in one day...just as fun as it sounds!) got home, unloaded everything including my weekend stuff, got a shower and started doing things to get ready for the week. Including charging my Zune.

Which has disappeared.

I thought it was in my purse. Not in my purse. In my work bag? Not in my work bag. Huh.

Must be in the car, right? Put coat and shoes on over pajamas. Of course, it's pitch black outside, but it should just be somewhere near the passenger seat, right? No?

Under the seat? No. Seat crack? No. Under the mat? No.

I went back in the house and looked around. Back out to the car again. Because I'm psycho, I did this FOUR times, finally admitting it was too dark and giving up for the night.

Got up early this morning (still not feeling so hot, no appetite, tired, zero energy) got ready, and in my work clothes, as day light was breaking, searched again.

No.

Stopped for gas once I reached my work exit. While it was pumping, looked some more.

No Zune.

So, I feel like crap, miss Steinvic, can't find my MP3 player...

At least it isn't snowing!

I'm not giving up my search...

No comments: