Thursday, January 7, 2010

Randomness...

Ten random things...

10. It's snowing here big time and I'd like it to stop now, please...

9. When I leave my local Michaels, the cement awning in the shopping plaza makes a sort of echo chamber. The sound of my ankle boots changes from "clip, clop, clip, clop," to "clippity-cloppity-clippity-cloppity" and I think it's cool.

8. I rode 5.5 miles on my bike yesterday and 5 the day before. I've been riding every day and increasing my time/distance and since last Friday, I've gone 20.5 miles. I know that doesn't sound like much, but as Steinvic so wisely put it, that is 20.5 miles more than I rode the week before! (which was zero, since I didn't have a bike yet.) I am really enjoying it! It takes me a half hour to go 5.5 miles.

7. Why is Kate Gosslein's hair headlining news? I'm not even linking to it, and I probably shouldn't even be mentioning it because it is just so unbelievably stupid.

6. Speaking of stupid, I stopped in to Whole Foods last night. What was I thinking? They had one register open, and although the dude at the service desk was also cashing people out, it wasn't much of a help. (Random side note - no one who worked there looked particularly bathed. I know it's a bohemian/cultural/trendy thing and to be somewhat expected at an organicish type place like W.F., but still. It was kind of gross. I am not one who finds BO - or the implied presence of it - appealing.) Anyway, I was going to get one thing but with the insane lines of people preparing for today's "white death," I ended up leaving.

5. I coughed on Sunday night and I think that is how I burst the blood vessels in my left eye (this happens to me sometimes.) So, I've gone around all week looking kind of rough. Or vampirey. Creepy. I hope it is gone soon! It seems to be fading but not fast enough for me.

4. For one of his Christmas gifts, Steinvic got his son a Weezer Snuggie! It finally arrived yesterday. I think it's awesome.

3. We watched Man On Wire last weekend. If you haven't seen this, you should. It's a majorly interesting story and I loved the telling of it. The movie has stayed with me all week and I keep thinking about it.

2. My gorgeous engagement ring had to go back to the jeweler because the stone was loose. I am missing it BIG TIME and hope they're able to fix the setting (it's a setting issue, not a tightening issue) and return it to us soon because it feels so strange to look down at my hand and not see it...

1. Have I mentioned that we're going to the beach in June? Well, we are. And on a day like today, I'm dreaming of it non-stop...

By the way, I heard that it is "Delurking Week." This means that if you read a blog and you haven't made yourself known by commenting, you're supposed to say howdy this week. Now, I'm not going to force the issue...heck, if you read here, I'm thankful and I don't want to ask you to do anything besides stop back soon! However, if you want to post, this is supposed to be the time to do it, and you're welcome to say hello...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - you're right, snow sucks, Weezer rocks and the beach sounds really good right now!