Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Embracing 2010...

Hi! Here I am...

New Year's was wonderful...it always is. We opened the door to 2010, invited it inside, gave it a big hug and asked it to stay for a while. In turn, it took off its boots and got cozy on our sofa. We had a lovely time.

It's been snowing...

Steinvic and I have been enjoying all these long weekends and it's going to be tough to go back to our Friday night/Saturday/Sunday schedule. This month, he'll talk to his boss about telecommuting. I think it's a win-win... his company gets to keep a very smart, valuable, talented, loyal employee, and Steinvic gets to keep a job he enjoys while living here in town most days of the week. We'd be together! We'd be able to better plan our future and save. And so I'm very excited about this talk. I pray his boss will agree...

We assembled my new exercise bike and while I'm usually pretty handy, I was happy that Steinvic was home to help me. It wasn't terribly heavy, just a little awkward to assemble. At any rate, it's up and running. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I eased into a routine by riding just two miles each day. Yesterday, I rode four. My hope is to be up to five a day by the end of this week, and then go from there. I really, really like the bike.
It's not part of a New Year's resolution...I have wanted the bike for so long that I know it's not a flash in my workout pan. I need this bike. I need something easy and convenient and effective in my fitness routine. So far, this bike is da bomb.

Last January, I started the New Year by deleting every post on this blog. I won't do that this year...while 2009 was incredibly difficult in some ways, it was absolutely fantastic in others. I want to remember it all.

Hope 2010 has been kind to you so far...stay warm!

No comments: