Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm Alive!

I feel like shouting it from the rooftops...I am finally creeping my way out of the cold that has had it's slimy arms wrapped around me all week. MAN! That was a doozy!

Something is going around. When I went home from work one day this week (one of my feeble attempts to actually function normally) there was a young guy walking out ahead of me. I saw him mop his forehead with a handkerchief and when I got outside, he was crouching on the ground. "Are you okay?" I asked. "I think I might get sick...I'm going home." I asked if he needed me to get Security for him (like, should this kid be driving home?) and he said thanks, no, he'd be okay. I hope he is. Just in our department, we had a mom out with her baby because of pink eye, and another person on our team out with a 24-hour something...it's just disease city around here.

I'm thankful to be REALLY getting better now. I don't feel as spacey. I'm using a Kleenex per hour instead of a Kleenex per minute. Just want to interject here that I am a somewhat compulsive hand-washer who uses hand-sanitizer and is probably a slight germaphobe. And I still got sick. So. Just something to think about if you're as obsessive as I can be about the hygiene. Maybe it's not worth it. What am I saying?! Of course it is! I could have caught something much worse, right?

I sometimes forget how lucky I am when I'm feeling healthy. Thank your lucky stars if you're feeling well today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wtf I typed out a big ol' comment and apparently it didn't work. ANYWAY: I've been super sick lately too! I don't get sick that often but this one really knocked me down. I loved your "I'm using a Kleenex per hour instead of a Kleenex per minute" - made me LOL. Hope you feel better soon<3