Monday, April 4, 2011

This Sucks

I woke up this morning, sounding like a whiny frog-person. Sore throat. Stuffy nose and ears. Couldn't breathe. Achy head and arms and legs.

Last evening, Steinvic and I were at my parents' house, teaching them how to use the grill we got them for Christmas. Totally fine.

I admit, I have been ultra-tired lately. I had a touch of a cold about a month ago...the same cold that took to Steinvic and has lingered, but I never really got the full force of it. While I've woken up feeling lousy a number of times, I've just sort of shaken it off, saying, "Nope! Not being sick! Let's do this!" and then slathering on my 10 lbs of makeup and product and strutting on out the door.

Yesterday, when I woke up, my chest hurt just a little, when I'd try to breathe deeply, but I said, "Nah, not sick! Not me!" and cooked all day, in preparation to going to my parents.

Had a nice time there, stopped at our local on the way home, and aside from (sorry to be gross) a tiny nose bleed and some sniffling, totally fine. Went to bed and woke up to being a frog. So here I am at home.

I am trying to rally, because I hate being sick and helpless. That listless feeling to me is worse than pain. I'd rather be in pain than have no energy.

I am eating toast and drinking Steinvic's diet ginger ale (sorry, honey...there is plenty left!) Why do these things taste so delicious when you feel bad? Things I normally would not crave. I am not hungry at all, but I thought of toast an hour ago and obsessed over it until I finally got up and made some.

What is stupid is that my eyes are just streaming with tears. They don't burn, they're not irritated, just non-stop tearing. I need a shower.

Anyway, that is what is going on here. Must get well. Must be 100% tomorrow. Young Man has an end of the year recital that I will NOT miss! I'll let you know how that recital goes, but I already know he'll be wonderful. :)

No comments: