Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday, Celebrations, Velcro

Good morning and Happy Friday, Party People!

It's been a busy week. I'm welcoming this weekend with very open arms...

I've been to see my Grandma three times this week, stopped in to check on Virginia twice, done a zillion loads of laundry, helped my Mom ready her place for company, cleaned up the house a little...full evenings.

Packed expertly and felt so put-together because, despite my busyness, I was actually on the couch by 8:15 last night, with a "hillbilly pour" (that is what the barmaid at our local calls a very full glass of wine), ready to watch some mindless television. Which I did. (Ashamed that it was the recap of the Not-So-Real Housewives of Hotlanta and the first episode of the new season...couldn't help it. Good gosh...anyway!)

This morning, I get aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way to work and realize that I have no cell phone. I need my cell phone. Not that I ever use it. But just in case. Especially with all the stuff going on with Grandma. And I'm commuting to Steinvic's right after work and stopping by our house in 5:00 Friday traffic would be The Suck.

So I got to my desk, made over all the birthday decorations and flowers from my co-workers (such sweeties) and grabbed my keys and drove aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way home and then aaaaaaaaaaaall the way back to work. This would normally take more than an hour. But someone up there wanted me to get here quickly, so the round trip took only 40 minutes (and no, I wasn't speeding...I learned my lesson.) I think I'm going to start velcroing that stinking phone to my leg or something. You know, just to avoid the extra trip home the next time.

And now here I am. Yes, my birthday is Sunday. I'll be.......well, closer to the end of my thirties, but not too close. Okay, I'll be 38 Sunday. And I'm fine with it. I haven't accomplished all the things I wanted to accomplish by this point, but I have a great life. I have Steinvic, his son and family, my Grandma, awesome folks, good friends, a nice home, a great job, the Mighty Echo, my health...and no wrinkles (which I honestly admire and find very charming, intriguing and quite attractive on others, but I'm fascinated that I've avoided them thus far.)

I have a lot to be thankful for. (Thanks!)

One second here on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. The only one worth watching is Dwight. (Oh, I know he isn't a wife! But he'd sure like to be!) He is a trip. AND it's fun to see Kim not be able to sing and lie, lie, lie. Other than those aspects, the show is kind of trash. But watch it for the trash element! Go ahead! Keep your expectations very low and you will be entertained.

Okay! That's it from here. I'm headed north tonight to spend the weekend with Steinvic, his son, and wonderful family. We've got lots of fun family times planned and I'm totally looking forward to it... So, until we meet again, be good...

No comments: