Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Peaches & Pot Roast

Peaches and pot roast with gravy. No, I haven't ditched the vegetarianism...that is what my Grandma wanted for dinner last night. And I fed her as many bites as I could convince her to take...which was like four bites of pot roast and all of the sliced peaches. I told her as I was feeding her, "I think you've done this very thing for me a few times..." and she agreed.

My Mom just called and around midnight, they moved my Grandma to ICU. This is just to get her blood pressure up a bit so they can give her more pain medication. Apparently, everything else is stable right now...

Thanks for staying tuned during this time. I know I'm not giving you my normal light, bouncy banter. I realize I am giving this play-by-play of what's going on with my Grandma and my insides and I also get that it might be boring for some. But this page is a glimpse inside my brain and for now, this is where my brain is at.

So...thank you for your patience...

UPDATE - 4:00 p.m. - My Grandma is being moved to Hospice. She actually gets to return to her room at the nursing home to receive the care she needs...Hospice will come to her. So, she gets her wish to return to her very own space, with all of her things and photos and comforts... I'm off to see her.

No comments: