Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Day Off

Because Steinvic and I were always commuting, the last six years had me clinging to every moment I've had off work. We wanted to have the chance to take trips together and stretched every vacation day I had to the max - no complaints here! I didn't have that much time off and I wanted to spend every minute I could with him.

When we first started dating, I had only been with my employer four years, so I only had two weeks of vacation. At five years, I was given a third. And this year being my tenth anniversary, I've maxed out at four. Add that to the fact that now that we're in the same home, and I was able to take yesterday off, guilt free (mostly*).

What did I do? Well, our friend Em was set to arrive last night and Steinvic just moved in two weeks ago, so pretty much, I was taking off to continue getting things situated and to do some deep, company cleaning.

So, here is the list from yesterday -

  • Five loads of laundry (including floor mats and such)
  • Mopping
  • Vacuuming
  • Bathroom cleaning
  • Unpacked three boxes
  • Dusting
  • Haircut (Thank G*d!)
  • WalMart
  • Macy's (free MAC lipstick and new shoes!!)
  • Closet organization (I'm at about 40% there)
  • Frame two pictures/hang them/plus others
See? It was a very busy day! But wow...so nice to just be able to really dig in and do stuff. I did a lot on Sunday, but there is so much more to do!

By the time Em rolled in from her road trip from St. Louis, it was about 9:00 p.m. I had bruchetta and mini quesadillas in the oven when she arrived. We had a few beers, snacks, caught up and turned in at midnight.

So, while it would have been great to have spent the day doing something fun with Steinvic, it's nice to have the circumstances where it's fine to take that much needed "day off."

*Like I could ever be guilt free!!

No comments: