Friday, April 2, 2010

Finally Friday

It's Friday. Finally! Know what I'm most excited about right now? Steinvic and I can sleep in tomorrow. How sad is that - being all giddy at the prospect of sleep?! Seriously, if my desk were soft, I'd just lean forward and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

It's been a whirlwind week. At work, I've been super busy. When I go home, I unpack a box or two, wash clothes (all bedding and towels from Steinvic's, plus the usual stuff) and exercise. Steinvic has been commuting between here and Columbus the last few days, so he's been getting home around 7:30. We've actually had dinner together - twice! What a treat that is! These are the small things we've been missing and it will be so nice to get into a routine.

Here is a public service annoucement - throw things away. Now. Seriously! I wish that I'd been more diligent about purging anything we don't really need prior to this move. I'm not a packrat and our place is pretty tidy...I'm big on keeping the kitchen extremely clean (we don't leave dishes in the sink, counters must be clean, etc.) and vacuuming regularly. But I have to admit, if I don't keep my eye on every little thing, clutter can start breeding quickly. How on EARTH do people with children do it?

Anyway, we are settling in. Steinvic is working out his commute schedule with his boss. There are belongings in place, out of place, in temporary places...but it's all under one roof. We're figuring it all out.

And I feel so very lucky...

No comments: