Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Made This!

I've been looking for a good, easy, thin crust pizza recipe and reading and reading about them online. I finally found one that sounded tasty, was pretty simple, and took very little time to make. You also probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now...


Here is the end result!


Steinvic and I agreed that I could have rolled it out even thinner and it would have been even better, so I am going to try that next time. I may also put some Italian seasoning in it and brush a little olive oil to the crust. Just a little.

I have to note here...I deviated from the instructions a little - I wanted to use the parchment paper because I think it's too hard to roll out the crust/transfer it to the stone. I thought parchment paper would allow me to roll to my heart's content and then just transfer that (with help from Steinvic) onto the stone. It worked great! But since paper burns at 451 degrees and I didn't want that to happen, I reduced the cooking time to 425 and just kept an eye on it. I also prebaked the crust for 3 or 4 minutes before topping it with sauce, cheese and mushrooms.

Anyway, if you try the recipe, let me know how you like it!

No comments: