Friday, October 22, 2010

It's Official!

Steinvic and I are married!

We drove to Columbus Wednesday morning, ran a few last minute errands, then met our family at the chapel. My Mom and C, Steinvic's Mom, Young man and Girlfriend all gathered for our short, but meaningful, ceremony. At the end, lots of hugs as our families united. It was awesome.

Then we went to a nature preserve nearby for some photos. It was a gorgeous setting and a beautiful day, but it was also pretty windy. I was a little skeptical about the photos turning out, but we've already received some proofs and they're lovely.

Then, we all converged on a local independent Italian restaurant for a late lunch, which was perfect. My folks had to get back to Cincinnati because C had to work. Steinvic's Mom headed her own way, and the kids went home. And we checked into the Hyatt, who saw our Wedding Wear and instantly upgraded our room, no charge. Really sweet...

We went to our favorite bar there and saw some family and more friends. The drinks were flowing, and we had a great time with everyone. Everyone greeted me with my new last name and that was kind of surreal, but I'm pretty excited about it and I'm quickly getting used to it!

So now we're back home, relaxing and enjoying our time off together. Heading for a movie in a little bit, too...

OH! Gifts. Steinvic bought me an incredible wedding present, which he totally didn't have to do. I wasn't expecting it at all, but I'm the proud owner of an iPod Touch and it ROCKS. He also gave me the car adapter, so I can once again travel in style. I am still getting to know all the features but wow...it's like having a computer and a stereo all in the palm of my hand. I think we're both going to enjoy it for a long time. (And I can play Scrabble on it!)

And I bought Steinvic a special piece of jewelry. It's an original design that a silversmith I have used before collaborated with me to create. It's a sterling bracelet with a "compass" design on it, but instead of just the N,S,E,W on the compass rose, we incorporated 71 North and South, a heart and a shamrock. Handmade, multilayered...I love this sentimental gift. The silversmith even personally delivered it to me so I would have it in time for our wedding. And Steinvic loves it, which is the best part. I don't know if he'll wear it every day, but so far, he has.

Okay...I'm outta here. We have a movie to catch and another evening to celebrate!