Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's Really Happening...

I'm off work today, and tomorrow, Steinvic and I will be married.

Yesterday was a flurry of wonderful things. Work threw a shower for Steinvic and I...he came over for what we thought was just going to be a little lunch with the rest of my team. But instead, they decorated with gorgeous flowers, balloons, confetti, custom cupcakes, pizza, bread sticks and I'd offered to bring a big salad, which I did...(we knew about the pizza part and I really wanted to chip in somehow!) And gifts, which they didn't have to do but they wanted to - Wedgewood champagne flutes, champagne to take with us tomorrow, a gift certificate to an art gallery to have one of our wedding photos framed, and designer chocolates. We seriously felt like royalty... it was so touching. They really went all out and it was the perfect way to kick off our wedding week!

I got my nails done by a friend of ours last night which was relaxing, came home and made a quick dinner, then settled in for a little TV. We turned in early, which I think we both needed.

I managed to get all my work to a point where I could actually take the day off, which is great. I'd requested off and was approved for the extra time, but I had so much going on that I didn't think it was going to happen. I also thought it wouldn't matter if I worked or not, but I'm really glad I was able to take the day, because it's not even 10 a.m. yet and I'm on a cleaning frenzy. So much to do today!

So, enough posting and back to the LIST, which includes some errands and flower decorating and chores and more...but it's all exciting. Here's to tomorrow!

No comments: