Friday, May 15, 2009

Could be one of "those" days...


...but I'm not allowing it to! You know the kind of day I'm talking about, right?

The kind of day where your hem is mysteriously no longer in your pants. I noticed my hem was out this morning as I was dressing and there wasn't a darn thing I could do about it, save for wear the pants in and fix them once I got to my desk (if you don't have a sewing kit in your desk drawer, you simply must get one, or some heavy duty double-sided tape, just for this occasion.) Call me a Garanamiles kind of girl, but I lay my clothes out the night before, including shoes, socks and underwear. I have to do this, or I can't get out of the house on time...it's complicated. Steinvic understands! It takes me too long to make decisions like that in the morning. Thus, I was stuck with hemless pants. But they're all fixed now, and fabulous.

It was also the kind of day where I forgot to apply deodorant. I am wearing a lovely black top that I didn't want to get deodorant on as I dressed, so I put the top on, thinking I'd put deodorant on after, and realized I forgot as I was driving in. (Because the invisible solids? Not so invisible.) I mean, I'm thankful I remembered, because I pulled into Meijer and got some deodorant and even put it on while I was sitting at a traffic light (no, no one was around) so, I'm good there, too.

So really, so far, this has been a day of saves, so I can't complain, right? Right! I'm actually very happy and content and ready for the weekend. Happy that it's Friday and that Steinvic will be here this afternoon...

It's good to be happy! In fact, someone should advise the yentas on The Real Housewives of NYC about being happy. Ask me how or why, but I, once again, got sucked into this addictive, mindless weekly 'reality' show, just like I did with the "real housewives" of Orange County. (Now they've started The Real Housewives of New Jersey, and I've watched the promos for this and those chicks actually scare me! Like in the wake-up-with-cement-boots-on kind of way...geez!)

I am a smart person. A creative person. I am very busy. So, what in the name of bitchy broads am I doing watching women who have obviously got serious untreated emotional issues and anger management problems, sit around in their expensive clothes and over-the-top jewelry, fight about who said what to who, when and why? As Pee Wee Herman once wisely said, "I DON'T KNOW!!!" but I really need to stop.

I watched both - I'm confessing here - BOTH episodes of the post-season recap and I am really ashamed of myself. Two hours of my life, gone forever, spent listening to one long cat fight. Please tell me I'm not alone in this...I need company in my misery to make me feel like less of a loser. It wasn't even entertaining and yet I watched. It was more like that car accident that everyone else feels compelled to gooseneck over...but I'm usually the one to keep my eyes on the road out of respect.

Maybe I watched it for an instant dose of superiority. I might not have money, but I know how to act! Especially in public! If you watched it, too, weigh in here so that I feel like less of a loser... If you didn't, feel even better about yourself!

And please, above all, have a good weekend...

No comments: