Friday, May 8, 2009

Credit where it is due...

I guess if I'm going to bash the evil truck driver who tried to kill me a few weeks ago, I should give props that the company actually replied to my e-mail. Here it is, with no editing:

"As you mentioned, XXX is committed to the safety of our employees,communities in which we do business and live, and the motoring public... Wewere able to identify and review your compliant with our driver... Ourdriver was familiar with the area in which the incident occurred but wasunable to provide any details of the incident... The driver stated that hewas unaware of running anyone off the road and that if he did is was notintention and wanted to make sure that we apologized for him... Thank youfrom bringing this incident to our attention and we apologize for anydistress this incident may have caused..."

Okay, I'll give them credit for replying, for apologizing and for - if I believe what they're saying - talking to the "driver" (aka, Murderous Freebasing Thug) about "the incident."

But am I supposed to find comfort in that he was unaware that he ran me off the road? I mean...I know my car is small, but come on! He had to have seen me...

Anyway, at least they didn't ignore me. Maybe the driver will be more careful from now on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The main thing is that you are okay! At least they did respond, even though it was about what you'd expect them to say (except for the new words like "Wewere" and "ourdriver" etc.).