Friday, June 12, 2009

Healthy Obsessions and Other Things...


Happy Friday, y'all...

Ever so often, I see something material that is amazing and I feel I simply have to have it or some version of it. It's rare, because my taste is eclectic and I am not in the habit of treating myself, but when it happens, my mind starts dissecting it, figuring it out, or watching for it to go on mega sale, or whatever. I feel like if it pushes my skills to learn to make something new, it's a healthy obsession and I should go for it. (You should, too!)

Well, last night on The Fashion Show, Daniella designed the hoodie pictured above. OH. MY. GOODNESS! I instantly began to stalk this hoodie. Whoever wins the fashion competition for the week gets to have a version of their winning item featured for sale in the Bravo TV Shop. So, as soon as I saw Daniella's hoodie, I selfishly started praying to the Fashion Gods for her to win.

She didn't win.

So, now I'm thinking, I really need to sketch this out and I really need to learn to use the sewing machine Mom gave me three years ago and I really need to get her to help me make this freaking hoodie before I loose my mind! Isn't it beautiful?

Mom says, "I'll bet there is a pattern out there for something similar," and I'm doubting it, though a google image search for "elegant hoodie" or "beautiful hoodie" did generate some interesting options. But nothing that compares to the Daniella design...

ANYWAY! Enough of my obsessing for now, since I can't do a thing about it at the moment.

It's Friday, and I'm watching the minutes until I can head to Columbus to see Steinvic. Missing him a lot as we had so much time together over our long weekend...I got spoiled. That makes the days following kind of tough. We don't have big plans for our weekend, but just being in the same place is a treat... we might see a movie.

Visited my Grandma, who was very upbeat and actually liked my hair! (GASP!) It was good to see her doing so well. She'd had a lot of visitors yesterday and while it wears her out, I think it really helps her general outlook.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, that's about it! Have a glorious, grand weekend...

No comments: