Thursday, June 11, 2009

May as Well Live in Seattle...

It's been a wet, dark, dreary week...hasn't stopped raining in days and days. But I'm surprisingly chipper (usually a few wet feet/bad hair days can put me in a funk) and I know that the sun'll come out tomorrow, right?! And yes, literally, it will come out tomorrow, and then raining will commence throughout the weekend. Niiiiiiiiiiiice. At least it will be sunny for my drive to Columbus to see Steinvic...

So, what has been going on in addition to the rain? Well, the neighbors have installed a new front door (in a non-approved-by-the-HOA color) and one of those real-estatey-lock-thingies, so they must be getting ready to show the place. (Insert silent prayer for non-trashy neighbors here...)

And, I got home from work yesterday extra early, so I decided to go ahead and paint the bedroom. No one makes good use of five hours like I do, for reals. If I were still in elementary school, I would get an S+ for using time wisely! But here is the color Steinvic chose. I had a good time turning our white walls Seven Seas blue! The room may need an additional coat, but it ain't gonna be tonight. A trip to the hardware store, painter's taping off that whole room, brush painting the edges and baseboards and then rollering the whole thing was a lot to accomplish in one evening, but by 10:20 p.m., I was showered, having a tiny glass of wine while talking to Steinvic, and hoping the walls dried enough so I could put the curtains back up and move the furniture close to the walls before bed. (It all worked out.)

That's my week in a nutshell. Tonight is a visit with my Grandma, which is always a highlight of my week! One thing, though...my Grandma is always VERY honest about her thoughts on my hair. Really. This sweet, 91 year old darling, who always has kind and wise things to say, does not hesitate to bust out with a, "What are you doing with your hair?!" or "I thought you were blonde...what is going on with that color?" She remembers me with almost white hair, from my days of over-using highlights, and she liked it. I'm not sure why. But the natural look isn't doing it for her and I can only imagine how she'll feel about the haircut from last week...

Hope your week is going great and if not, just remember: Tomorrow is FRIDAY!

No comments: