Thursday, June 4, 2009

More @#!%! Dinosaurs and Crappy Neighbors


I had another Lionel Richie style dream about dinosaurs last night. This time, I was running in a large building, like a corporation, with a group of people. We were being chased by a giant T-Rex. I had the brilliant idea to get the T-Rex to follow us up an escalator, thinking that it would certainly wipe out and not be able to get us.

My plan worked awesome (of course, because by now, I'm becoming a regular dinosaur slayer) except for a little kid came shooting out from the top of the escalator on a mini-motorcycle, through the air, and into the mouth of the very frustrated T-Rex. He landed inside, expertly, and we all stopped being frightened for one moment as we realized that there were all these beautiful Asian folks, perfectly calm, lounging around in the T-Rex's mouth, applauding for the kid on the bike.

That is when I woke up. I woke up realizing that my electric alarm clock hadn't gone off, but my cell phone alarm was zinging away, thank goodness. I didn't dare hit snooze to try to sleep more...the T-Rex times were just too weird.

I think I had the dino-dream because I'm concerned about our "neighbor" situation. The folks next door appear to have bugged out. We have a townhouse with touching walls, so it's pretty obvious when people are home and these folks haven't been home for weeks. Perhaps they've hitchhiked to Hollywood or another sparkly town with a great variety of opportunities. I haven't written about it here, but whoever was living next door...well, we just don't know. Long story short, we think that the owner was subletting to strippers with many, many children...children who were unsupervised.

Note: If the women weren't strippers, they like to shop where strippers shop, and that is fine, but please look after your children. And yeah, I called children's' services once, because I was just so worried...I hate to be a nosey neighbor, but I would hate even more to know that I could have helped a kid who got hurt/was neglected/was abused.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, all noise (and this includes 2:00 a.m. front door bangings) ceased at the House of Sin and a mattress appeared on their back patio. After all, a mattress is THE perfect patio accessory, right? I notified our lovely HOA about the sexay mattress outside and they just removed it yesterday, after two-and-a-half weeks.

But when I got home last night, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. A pillow stuffed into the window well that leads to the basement. On closer look, the basement window was either open or broken out. So, I dialed the non-emergency police number. They said they'd send someone and that the reporting officer would come by to let me know what was up. I saw a cop car out there, but didn't hear them knock on the door next door. They also didn't knock on our door. It's like...they pulled up, then left. Thank you, Police Department!
I've got a call into the HOA this morning. I don't want to be a pain or paranoid, but...if there are crackheads using the abandoned basement next door, I don't want them setting fire to the building, jumping me for pocket change, or leaving more bedroom furniture on the outside of the house. I'm alone during the week and that can be scary. This house next door business has gotta stop. So...I'll keep you (all two of you) posted.
On another topic, the hair? Just fine. It's short, but the consensus is that it's a great improvement. From my perspective, it now takes less than 10 minutes to do my hair. And I'm cool with that!

No comments: